To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Demand for face masks has also surged in Blitar regency, East Java.”We already put up a sign telling customers that we don’t have any face masks but they keep asking anyway,” drugstore employee Lina Sugianti told the Post on Tuesday. Lina said the drugstore had not been able to replenish its face mask stocks for a month and a half due to consumers bulk buying the masks for their relatives who are migrant workers in countries hit by the coronavirus outbreak such as Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore. The Indonesian Retailers Association (Aprindo) and Indonesian Shopping Centers Tenants Association (Hippindo) issued statements on Monday to assure their members’ that food and non-food supplies would be more than sufficient to fulfill regular demand and that they had also taken certain measures to ensure a constant supply in the case of prolonged panic. (nor)Topics : “People don’t need to stockpile everyday items,” he said at a press conference at the State Palace in Central Jakarta on Tuesday. “If anything, what makes such items rare is bulk buying.”People began panic buying everyday goods, ranging from instant noodles to antiseptic wipes, on Monday afternoon after Jokowi announced the country’s first two confirmed COVID-19 cases. The patients, a 64-year-old woman and her 31-year-old daughter, are currently being treated at Sulianti Saroso Infectious Diseases Hospital (RSPI Sulianti Saroso) in Jakarta.There have been also been reports of thinning face mask supplies at drugstores around the country. Menita, a storekeeper at Agung Raya drugstore in Manado, North Sulawesi told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday that her store had doubled the price of face masks to Rp 4,000 (28 US Cents) a piece and capped sales to three pieces per customer. She said that her store raised prices because distributors had also raised prices to Rp 500,000 per box of 50 face masks. “There are residents who bulk buy face masks to send to their family members in Jakarta, because they said that there aren’t any face masks there. We have been sold out of face masks since this morning,” Menita said. President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has spoken out against hoarding as people across the country go on panic buying sprees following the announcement of Indonesia’s first two confirmed COVID-19 cases.Jokowi said the government and the private sector had enough food and non-food stocks, including around 50 million face masks, to meet public demand. The President has also instructed the National Police chief to crack down on individuals hoarding and reselling face masks.
The national COVID-19 task force has dismissed a proposal to redefine what constitutes a COVID-19 fatality, after it was suggested that deaths among people with comorbidities should be categorized separately in the official tally.Previously, East Java Governor Khofifah Indar Parawansa had suggested to Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto that COVID-19 deaths among patients with comorbidities – the simultaneous presence of two chronic diseases or conditions in a patient – should be categorized differently to deaths among patients without comorbidities in the death toll.“As of now, the government has no plans to make the change proposed by the East Java governor,” task force spokesperson Wiku Adisasmito said in a statement issued on Tuesday. The East Java administration, which had recorded 3,015 COVID-19 fatalities and more than 41,000 confirmed cases as of Tuesday, has claimed that 91.1 percent of COVID-19 deaths in the province are patients who had comorbidities.Khofifah has since clarified her intentions for sending the letter to the health minister, claiming she did not ask the government to redefine what constituted a COVID-19 death.“On the other hand, East Java encourages honesty and openness in the recording and reporting of all information related to COVID-19 in a manner that is more detailed than the WHO guidelines so this pandemic can be brought to an end quickly,” the governor wrote on her Instagram account, @khofifah.ip, on Tuesday. In August, the United States’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published a report that said 94 percent of people recorded to have died from COVID-19 had comorbidities.Topics : He added that the government followed the World Health Organization’s guidelines in tallying COVID-19 deaths, which is to count all deaths of people with confirmed or probable cases of coronavirus infection, with exceptions made for unrelated causes of deaths, such as traffic accidents.Probable cases refer to people who had not received their test results before their deaths, but who suffered from upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) or acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), which clinically suggest COVID-19 infection.Read also: 160 deaths in one day: Indonesia sets bleak virus recordAccording to the task force, other countries such as the United States followed similar guidelines for counting coronavirus fatalities.
Paolo Biscaro and Cordell Khoury at Julius Pizzeria in South Brisbane.THE owners of two of Brisbane’s most popular Italian restaurants have put their amazing New Farm outlet on the market.Cordell and Justine Khoury, the duo behind Beccofino and Julius Pizzeria, bought the property when it was an old 1940s Queenslander in need of a makeover in 2013.GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HEREThis house at 100 James St, New Farm, is for sale.The back of the house at 100 James St, New Farm.They’ve since modernised it with the help of Chris Brumby of Big House Little House, who drew up the renovation plans.The two-level home has three bedrooms and a master retreat, three bathrooms, an inground pool and off-street parking for four cars.The open-plan design and use of glass throughout the house makes it perfect for entertaining and pizza nights by the fire.OLD AND NEW GO UNDER THE GAVELMore from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus17 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market17 hours agoThe kitchen in the home at 100 James St, New Farm.100 James St, New Farm.Given Cordell is a professional chef, a lot of thought went into the kitchen design and finishes, which include marble and stainless steel benchtops and timber veneer cabinetry, similar to his restaurants.The master bedroom is like a cantilevered glass pod.WINTER FEAST FOR PROPERTY BUYERSOne of the bedrooms in the home at 100 James St, New Farm.City views from the rooftop terrace at 100 James St, New Farm.There’s even a ‘secret’ rooftop balcony, perfect for soaking up the city views.The property is being marketed by Matt Lancashire of Ray White New Farm and is scheduled for auction on August 18.
Offshore driller Vantage Drilling saw its revenue rise and net loss narrow in the second quarter of 2018.The Cayman Islands exempted company recorded a 2Q revenue of around $60 million, an increase compared to $53 million in the second quarter of 2017.Also, net loss was $31 million, an improvement from last year’s 2Q loss of $36,6 million.At the end of the quarter, Vantage had $186.9 million of cash, including $5 million of restricted cash.Vantage used some of its cash to fund a $15.0 million down payment for the acquisition of modern jack-up drilling rig.Ihab Toma, the CEO, commented, “I am pleased to report another positive quarter, with industry-leading rig utilization and successful repositioning and deployment of the Topaz Driller in Cameroon. Revenues are up 14% from the comparable quarter in the prior year and operationally we delivered an outstanding 97% uptime during the quarter.”The Topaz Driller rig the CEO has mentioned is being used by New Age for drilling the Etinde block offshore Cameroon.According to data from Bassoe Analytics, the rig has a contract with New Age until mid-September.Bassoe’s data further shows Topaz Driller will then move to Gabon, where it will work for the French oil giant Total. This contract is expected to start on October 1 and will last until June 30, 2016.As seen in Bassoe Analytics chart, Vantage currently has six rigs under contract, two under construction, and one warm stacked unit. See below for more details.Data from Bassoe Analytics
Batesville, In. — The Batesville Area Historical Society has a collection of nativity scenes from around the world for auction. The collection is available at the museum on George Street during normal business hours and by appointment.Bids will be accepted until November 30. Once the bids have been processed, the nativity scenes will be released to the successful bidder.For more information please call 812-934-3266. All proceeds benefit the Batesville Area Historical Society.
Loading… Milan will make another attempt to sign Luis Florentino from Benfica this summer, perhaps including Lucas Paqueta as part of the deal. He is said to be eager for a move to San Siro, especially as he hasn’t played as much for Benfica as he would’ve liked so far this season. Florentino came through their youth academy and received 15 appearances this term in all competition, most of them off the bench. read also:Carlos: We were too crazy for comfort at the Bernabeu Paqueta was considered as part of the deal in January, but Benfica rejected the proposal, although the Portuguese club may well have changed their minds now. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The 20-year-old midfielder was already a strong target last year, but they were put off by the €120m release clause in his contract. Benfica were also not prepared to let him leave on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season, demanding only a guaranteed purchase. According to Calciomercato.com, the Rossoneri are back in the running for Florentino, who has a contract until June 2024.Advertisement Promoted ContentBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?Who’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Top 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With
The Batesville Lady Bulldogs defeated Milan 5-0 in Varsity Tennis action.Batesville recorded straight set victories at all five positions.Sophie Brown was a 6-0 and 6-1 winner at No. 1 singles against Maitri Patel. Kate Poltrack defeated Margo Taylor by a score of 6-4 and 6-3 at No. 2, while Jenna Ertel knocked off Lucy Ortt 6-3 an 6-4 at No. 3.The No. 1 doubles team of Corinne Stone and Betsy Harmeyer was an easy 6-1 and 6-1 victor over Megan Beeger and Maddy Schmidt. Maggie Walsman and Lily Esser teamed up to win 6-2 an 6-3 at No. 2.The Junior Varsity posted a 2-1 win over the Lady Indians. Caroline Kellerman and Carly Fitzpatrick each won singles matches.Courtesy of Batesville AD Bryan Helvie.
The Carrier Dome improvements wrapped up last Friday when Syracuse tested the new wireless network and credit card system installed in the arena. The additions were part of a summer-long project highlighted by new video boards and a 360-degree ribbon board.The video boards were completed nearly three weeks ago, in time for the Home to the Dome event during freshman orientation.Carrier Dome managing director Pete Sala said the renovations were focused on enhancing the fan experience with state-of-the-art technology.“To me, being here as long as I have and seeing all these upgrades and improvements, it just makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and it’s so exciting,” Sala said. “All the improvements that we did over the summer were to enhance the game-day experience for the fans.”The renovations, which started in May, include video boards in both end zones that are 21 feet high and 40 feet wide. Two smaller — 12 feet high and 10 feet wide — displays are on either side of the larger boards. The boards were finished Aug. 9, and allow the staff to change the advertisements easily, play videos and provide statistics throughout games.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWith the wireless network, credit card system and video boards all in place, the stadium is set to host its season opener against Northwestern at noon Saturday. The Dome will host three high school games Friday, serving as a chance to test each element.Sala said he worked with the Syracuse University IT staff to create 150 new access points in the arena for fans to get the Internet on their smartphones. Fans will also be able to send messages through Facebook and Twitter to be displayed on the new video boards.“It needed to be easy for the fan to get on the Internet. That was our first goal,” Sala said. “And then it needed to be dependable and something that was easy to get through to get on. That was our biggest goal.”Fans will also be able to use credit cards at all permanent points of sale, which they couldn’t do before. Athletic director Daryl Gross was adamant about the addition of the new system, Sala said.“Again, it’s a fan experience thing,” Sala said. “And you couldn’t, at the time, use credit cards anywhere but the ticket office.“Now, anywhere there’s a permanent concessions location in the Dome, you’ll be able to use a credit card to make the purchase.”For Sala, the additions will make for a better fan experience starting Saturday as the Dome is now a state-of-the-art facility in each aspect.“It’s a huge improvement for us,” Sala said. “This is going to create such a better atmosphere.” Comments Published on August 29, 2012 at 3:12 am Contact Ryne: email@example.com Facebook Twitter Google+
If 2008 was any indication, the 2009 USC women’s cross country team should enjoy quite the season in the next few months.Despite only having one runner on scholarship last year, the USC women’s cross country team competed valiantly in the loaded Pac-10 conference and performed strongly at both the conference championships and NCAA regionals.In form · Zsofia Erdelyi, one of the Women of Troy’s top returning runners this season, qualified for the NCAA championships last year. – Photo courtesy of USC Sports Information“We’re coming off a year where I would have to say we overachieved and definitely exceeded my expectations,” said coach Tom Walsh. “We do have the toughest conference in the country, but I’m proud of the way we’ve progressed over the last few years.”Led by junior standout Zsofia Erdelyi, who last year qualified for the NCAA championships as an individual, and senior team captain Bridget Helgerson, the Women of Troy figure to be right in the thick of the Pac-10 competition again this year.“We bring back five of our top seven runners from last year,” Walsh said. “We’re trying to equal or better what we did last year and be in the middle of the pack of the Pac-10, which is no slouch.”“We definitely want to improve on last year,” said Erdelyi, who added that her personal goal is a return to nationals.Walsh’s praise for the strength of the Pac-10 conference is no understatement. Perennial powerhouses Oregon and Washington figure to be two of the top teams in the country, with Stanford, Arizona and Arizona State all expected to field exceptionally strong squads as well. Facing such daunting competition, Walsh continues to set strong goals that remain rooted in reality.“Washington and Oregon are a notch above everyone else,” Walsh said. “But we can still compete. And we always want to beat our rival UCLA. That gauntlet competition between the two schools is important. We really want to beat them and do well in the Pac-10.”To accomplish that, the Women of Troy will have to overcome several injuries, and get key contributions from new faces on the team. Several veteran runners, including Erdelyi, will not compete at this Saturday’s Cal State Fullerton Invitational, although Walsh hopes that this will actually benefit the team later.“It’s still early in the season and some of our top runners who are going to have a longer season won’t participate at this meet because we hope to have them going through the middle of November,” Walsh said. “On the upside, it’s a good chance to see where all the newcomers are at.”Those newcomers include freshman Kelly Owen from Palos Verdes and redshirt sophomore Shea Wickland, who as a track and field runner finished third in the 5,000-meter run at the UCLA dual meet in May.“It’s definitely exciting to come here and immediately be in the middle of such a competitive conference.” Owen said. “I really want to contribute and help this team go deep in the Pac-10.”Where exactly USC ends up in the Pac-10 hierarchy will be determined by a schedule that includes a return to the Stanford Invitational on Sept. 26 and the Women of Troy’s first chance to host the Pac-10 Championships since 1999.“We’re excited to host,” Walsh said of the championships, which will be held Oct. 30 at Skylinks Golf Course in Long Beach. “The girls really want to do well because they know that there will be people coming to the race and they want to show well in front of the USC fans.”Although several exciting races lie ahead, for now Walsh is focused on the task at hand.“We’re just eager to get to the first meet and see where we’re at,” he said. “Everyone’s come back in really good shape, but there’s always room to improve.”