On Sunday, Jan. 30 at 9:30 p.m. Golden RCMP received a missing persons report about two overdue skiers.The two males from Vancouver Island had been skiing at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort the day prior to the report. RCMP were notified by a friend of the party that the two individuals were unaccounted for. Golden RCMP notified Golden Search and Rescue and Kicking Horse Mountain Resort of the missing persons. Kicking Horse Mountain Resort conducted an inbounds perimeter search for the missing party. No missing persons were found within the ski area boundary. In addition, a full air search began with Golden Search and Rescue at first light on Monday, Jan. 31. At approximately 8:37 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 31 the first individual was spotted by the Golden Search and Rescue approximately six kilometres outside and beyond the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort controlled recreational area. A long line rescue was used as the individual was in a heavily forested area. At 9:30 a.m. the first individual was rescued and transferred to Golden and District Hospital. At 10:16 a.m. the second individual was found outside Kicking Horse Mountain Resorts controlled recreational area in approximately the same region. The individual was transferred by helicopter to hospital. Both males are presently being treated for non-life threatening injuries. The Golden RCMP is currently investigating the incident.
The Dance Umbrella is hosting its 15th Spring Showcase this weekend at the Capitol Theatre. Mallard’s Source for Sports would like add to the excitement by selecting Dance Umbrella Team of the Week.The senior members in the club include, starting back row, L-R, hoisted Ben LeMarchand, Alexi St. Jean-Duncan, Connor Clover, Ben Hall and Mitch Ryan.Middle, Kate Harvey-Viera, Danielle Gibson, Emma Collinson, Elsa Neufeld-Cumming, Dana Dickenson Samson, Aja Lamb-Hartley, Aisha Smith, Hannah Ockenden, Lisa Schwab and Hazel Nichol.Front, Becca Landsberg, Rachel Kinakin, Sarah Jane Hicks and Morag Bos.Missing Sabbian Clover.
Lepers at the Suakoko Lepers Colony few yards from Phebe Hospital in Bong County are complaining of being neglected by the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and the Government of Liberia.In an interview with this paper on Wednesday February 12, the lepers said since the colony was constructed by the late President William V. S. Tubman in 1955 there has been no renovation on the existing structures. The lepers told this reporter that most of the buildings are falling apart as the result of age. They stressed that they faced extreme difficulty during the raining season where they have to place buckets and dishes in the houses in order to stop the rain from soaking their straw beds.On the question of how they feed themselves, the lepers whispered that they have survived through the sale of potato greens and cassava leaf in order for them and their grand children to survive.“We used to eat two times daily with regular medical services during the reign of Presidents William V. S. Tubman, William R. Tolbert and Samuel K. Doe but everything has been cut off,” old lady Mamie Kpatawee emphasizedThe lepers, taking into account, what our correspondent saw, are living in deplorable conditions as they lack basic social amenities such as water, electricity, education and quality health care.Our correspondent said the only stream in the community is what the lepers use for drinking, bathing and cooking.The lepers thanked Mr. Eric Hanson, an American missionary, for constructing them three pit latrines in the colony and the Episcopal Church in Liberia for providing them foods, clothing and cooking utensils.They also extolled the Cuttington University Service Learning Program for constructing them additional two pit latrines with bathroom.The lepers also thanked Mr. Amara Zubah of the Phebe Hospital for providing them free medical services. “People from the families of those who have suffered with leprosy may have no impairment themselves, but their association with someone with the disease taints their life,” Mr. Zubah told this paper. Effective treatment has done a considerable amount to diminish the threat of leprosy and thus to reduce stigma; in the past, leprosy was viewed as a severely stigmatizing condition that progressively devalued and marginalized the affected persons. The disease, and the stigma and social exclusion that so often attach to it, persist in many places, particularly in Liberia, Mr. Zubah accentuated.“Indeed, leprosy has become a stereotype of a stigmatized condition; if someone talks of a person being like a leper; we know immediately that the person is being shunned and is being excluded in some way from society” the Medical practitioner concluded.The lepers explained that their children and grandchildren made farms for them for sustainability.It was observed by this paper that the lepers are using the cafeteria as school for the more than 150 school going siblings in the colony.This paper was also informed that there are more than 200 lepers currently living in the lepers’ colony.In a passionate appeal the lepers called on the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, the international community and the government of Liberia to provide them with foods, clothing, hand pumps and medical services.They said the colony lacks hand pump thereby limiting them to rely on stream for drinking and bathing.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
A MAN accused of stabbing a pensioner in his home will find out on December 16 what charges he will face at his trial.Patrick McLoughlin was stabbed at his home in Convent Road in Carndonagh in May this year.Lee Mitchell, who is 33 and has an address at Windmill Park in Letterkenny, has been charged assault causing harm and with a burglary at another address in Carndonagh on the same day. Inspector David Murphy told Judge Paul Kelly the case was being adjourned until December 16 to await directions from the DPP.STATE AWAITING DIRECTIONS FROM DPP ON INISHOWEN ASSAULT SUSPECT was last modified: October 26th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Carndonaghchargesstabbing
Once again the Emergency Department at Letterkenny University Hospital is extremely busy this week.The hospital has admitted a significant number of ill patients, many of whom remain in the ED, awaiting a bed.The Full Capacity Protocol has been implemented and all efforts continue to be made to identify patients who are appropriate for discharge. Other actions underway in the hospital to alleviate the waiting times for patients requiring hospital admission include additional reviews and deferral of elective non-urgent procedures.Hospital management say they regret the inconvenience and distress the long delays cause patients and their families.A spokesman said “The hospital prioritises those in most need of care and this unfortunately, may lead to delays for less urgent patients.“Patients who do not require emergency department care should contact their GP or GP out of hours service in the first instance.” Letterkenny Hospital introduce full capacity protocol once again was last modified: September 4th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalEDLUH< busypatients
Even though full enforcement of the Environmental Protection Agency’s lead-safe rules for renovations and repairs has been in place for almost a year, many contractors are still grappling with how to remain competitive while following the rules, according to an online survey conducted by the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).For those who do continue to work on buildings constructed before 1978, the cost of compliance with the rules can boost bid prices significantly above those from noncompliant contractors, contractors responding to the survey said. And in comments in mid-May following the EPA’s first enforcement action regarding its lead-safe rules, some contractors worried that once they’ve completed a job on a pre-’78 building, its occupants could decide to sue later on, claiming illness due to lead exposure and contractor negligence.The survey also fielded reactions to a proposed rule that would require contractors on pre-’78 projects to submit dust-wipe samples – after the work is finished but before the building is reoccupied – that would be tested for lead levels, adding an estimated $100 to $500 to the overall job cost. A recent Wall Street Journal blog about the survey noted that, among its almost 1,500 respondents, 74% do not normally conduct dust-wipe sampling, while 26% say they do.A hedge against future claims?The majority of respondents said the added cost of dust-wipe testing would further encourage homeowners to do the repair or renovation work themselves or to hire noncompliant contractors to do it, thereby increasing the risk of occupant exposure to lead. It also could be argued, however, that tests verifying that lead and lead-dust levels are below hazardous thresholds might help defuse occupant complaints based on claims of lead exposure.No question, compliance for some jobs could get expensive, because, as the EPA explains, “for a subset of jobs involving demolition or removal of plaster through destructive means or the disturbance of paint using machines designed to remove paint through high-speed operation, such as power sanders or abrasive blasters, this proposal would also require the renovation firm to demonstrate, through dust wipe testing, that dust-lead levels remaining in the work area are below regulatory levels.”In describing the proposed new rule’s potential benefits, the EPA said it would “benefit 809,000 children under the age of 6 and 7,547,000 individuals age 6 and older (including 96,000 pregnant women) per year by minimizing their exposure to lead dust generated by renovations.” The EPA estimates annual compliance costs will range from $272 million to $336 million, depending on the lead-level threshold the agency adopts for dust-wipe results.The comment period on the proposed rule ended July 6, 2010, and a final ruling is expected on July 15, so it remains to be seen whether documented compliance with the proposed new rule would give contractors a short-term headache but also, in a few cases, longer-term peace of mind.
Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netWendell McKines aired his grievances on his Twitter account after San Miguel decided to go the other way and replace him as its import in the ongoing 2017 PBA Governors’ Cup.McKines also expressed his regret not being able to play more games alongside June Mar Fajardo and not finishing his job with the team.ADVERTISEMENT ‘Excited’ Terrence Romeo out to cherish first PBA finals appearance PLAY LIST 01:30’Excited’ Terrence Romeo out to cherish first PBA finals appearance00:50Trending Articles01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension The Beermen replaced McKines with Terik Bridgeman, who underwhelmed in his debut on Saturday, netting only two points on 1-of-4 shooting with six turnovers in the Beermen’s 90-79 defeat to Alaska.The loss sent San Miguel to only its second back-to-back losses this season. Read Next US Open glance: Muguruza vs. Kvitova highlights 4th round MOST READ I wish I would have played more than 1 full game with Junemar. I wish the players the best and hope they go get that grand slam.— Wendell Mckines (@Mr_WensdayFC) September 2, 2017FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses The 29-year-old forward averaged 26.2 points, 14.2 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.4 blocks, and 1.2 steals in five games this conference but San Miguel went just 3-2 during that stretch. Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC LATEST STORIES WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief View comments
A worker sweeps a pavement in Gurgaon on Monday as the city prepares for the Queen’s Baton relay to be held on Wednesday, September 29, 2010.Leaving all controversies aside, the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games (CWG) promises to be a gala event showcasing the flavours of India. The main attraction of the October 3 ceremony at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium remains the aerostat. The oval-shaped 80 metres x 40 metres aerostat, which has been designed by Mark Fisher, will be placed at a height of 25 metres. Tethered at eight locations, it will remain suspended with the help of Helium. Top of the line lighting, projection and audio specifically created for the show will be part of the extravaganza. The music will be given by Ranjit Barot, Hariharan and Taufiq Qureshi. Musician A.R. Rahman will give two performances, including a powerhouse segment on Mahatma Gandhi. Around 7,000 performers will be ready to enthrall audiences for two and a half hours. They will be joined by 800 dancers, who will present classical dance performances choreographed by Sonal Mansingh, Pt Birju Maharaj, Raja and Radha Reddy. The folk dance segment will be performed by 750 dancers from all over India. A troupe of 100 dancers, choreographed by Santosh Shetty, Devendra Shilav, Bansi Kaul, Kalpesh and Shiamik Dawar, too will put up a performance. There will also be a pulsating rhythm performance by 800 drummers. While the costumes for the ceremony have been done by Anna Singh, Serath Narendra and Ashima and Leena, the props have been put together by Dan Quatra and Umang Kumar. The yoga segment will be orchestrated by Patanjali. The opening ceremony has been planned by a core creative group led by Javed Akhtar, Shyam Benegal, Prasoon Joshi, Bharat Bala and Wizcraft, keeping the Indian culture and heritage in mind.advertisement
PCB chairman Ijaz Butt has said that Pakistan will not play in India in 2012 as per the ICC FTP (Future Tours Programme) unless India fulfill their prior commitments.The Pakistan Cricket Board chief said this while speaking to Headlines Today. India had been slated to tour Pakistan for the last two years, but have not fulfilled their commitments due to non clearance from the government.India have also refused to play a series against Pakistan in a neutral venue. Other countries have been playing Pakistan’s home series in neutral venues.Later this year, Pakistan plays three Tests and five ODIs and T20 matches against Sri Lanka in October and November and three Tests, four ODIs and two T20 matches against England in January and February next year.Both the series have been confirmed at the UAE venues of Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah due to the refusal of teams to tour Pakistan because of security concerns.
Wednesday night was an evening of awareness and a celebration of those who tirelessly fight discrimination against mental illness, as Darryl “DMC” McDaniels — founder of Run DMC and mental health advocate — was honored by the National Alliance on Mental Illness of New York City (NAMI-NYC Metro) with their “Mental Health Advocate of the Year” award during the organization’s annual “Seeds of Hope” gala in New York City.Darryl McDaniels Performs At Seeds Of Hope GalaPIX11’s Andy Adler served as host and emcee of the evening.After receiving his award, McDaniels performed some of his biggest hits for attendees and went on to tell the crowd that it was depression that nearly cost him his life by suicide until he sought treatment through therapy. He added, “While I didn’t mean this to rhyme, I mean it when I say ‘if you remove the guilt and shame, you remove the pain.’”With hundreds in attendance, the annual event raised funds for the many programs of NAMI-NYC Metro including its four multi-week education courses, peer-to-peer support groups, and public education events that help thousands of New York City residents each year.The event also recognized First Lady of New York City Chirlane McCray for championing the cause of mental health reform and creating ThriveNYC, the most comprehensive mental health plan of any city or state in the nation. McCray has been a strong supporter of NAMI-NYC Metro, and has served as grand marshal for their annual NAMIWalks.