Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has played down talk of his team being favourites to win the Premier League title as premature and warned his players to stay focused when they host West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.Chelsea are on a nine-game winning streak in the league and beat Manchester City 3-1 away last weekend, but Conte said he would only judge his team’s prospects later in the season.”It’s difficult to accept this (being favourites) because I think we played only 14 games, we must finish the first part of the season and then we still have the second part,” the Italian told a news conference on Friday. (Also read: Chelsea must improve in order to win Premier League: Antonio Conte)”We started as underdogs this season but it’s normal when you are playing good football and winning games. It’s important after this win we don’t lose our hunger.”Sunday is the type of game we will find difficult if we don’t have the same focus as in previous matches. We’ve worked very well this week and I’m waiting on a good performance from my players.”Midfielder Nemanja Matic is available after missing the trip to City and Conte is pleased with options after Cesc Fabregas impressed in a rare start.”Cesc played a good game against City and took his opportunity,” Conte said.”Now for the next game I have a choice of four midfielders (N’golo) Kante, Matic, Fabregas and (Nathaniel) Chalobah – and I have to take the best decision for the team.advertisement”It’s very important that we have good competition. If I have to put out the same line-up it’s not good.”Brazilian midfielder Oscar has been ruled out of the game against seventh-placed West Brom due to illness and club captain John Terry is also unavailable.
The original HoloLens is almost three years old. It’s time for an update. Bridget Carey/CNET This year’s CES wasn’t big on AR news, but Microsoft may be waiting until Mobile World Congress to spring information on the next expected update to its AR headset, the HoloLens. An invite to a press conference on Feb. 24 at MWC suggests the HoloLens 2 might be big reveal. Sure, the invite itself seems mysterious, with an image of a futuristic Barcelona, where MWC is held. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella will be giving the keynote, along with CVP Julia White and — most tellingly — Technical Fellow Alex Kipman, the creator of Kinect and HoloLens and head of Microsoft’s mixed reality efforts.The invite’s graphic doesn’t suggest much. Microsoft Microsoft hasn’t immediately responded to a request for comment, but the HoloLens 2 was expected to debut sometime in early 2019. Microsoft recently won a $480 million contract to supply the US Army with HoloLens headsets.The original HoloLens AR headset was first released in 2016, layering hologram-like 3D graphics into the real world in a stand-alone package, but has some technical limits including a narrow field of view. The next HoloLens may improve field of view and bring more advanced controls, as well as eye-tracking.Magic Leap’s first-generation AR headset, the Magic Leap One, debuted last year and aims for similar developer and enterprise territory. Meanwhile, Microsoft’s VR efforts for Windows 10, which resulted in a number of affordable “mixed reality” headsets in late 2017 through early 2018, have fallen relatively quiet since. 13:27 Augmented reality (AR) Rumors Microsoft Tags Magic and VR collide at CES 2019 with The Void 2 Share your voice 15 Photos Comments Wearable Tech At CES 2019, VR feels like a dream gathering dust: It’s a promise unfulfilled.Whirlpool’s high-tech oven uses augmented reality to help you cook: The door is a transparent LCD screen. CES 2019: The tech changing the way we play video games Now playing: Watch this:
Alaska Native municipal leaders say a new state law that will legalize the use and sale of marijuana could damage people in communities. Last week they told an Anchorage attorney who’s researched the law that the tax it authorizes won’t raise enough money to repair that damage.Download AudioAttorney Matt Singer says he’s been getting questions from local-government officials about the new pot-legalization law. And he got a lot more from a roomful of the officials Thursday during a session sponsored by the Alaska Municipal League.Alaska Native leaders weren’t happy to hear Singer’s answer to a question on whether communities can ban the personal use of pot.“So, you cannot declare a dry village, the way you can with alcohol,” he said.North Slope Borough Assemblyman Forrest Olemaun said after the session that he and most other Native leaders oppose the law because of the damage substance abuse has inflicted on indigenous peoples.“For many years, we’ve been dealing with the social aspects of alcohol and drug abuse,’” Olemaun said. “And my concern (is) the legalization of marijuana may lead to more use, more abuse.”North Slope Borough Mayor Charlotte Brower says legalized pot could jeopardize the borough’s efforts to keep young people away from drugs so they can qualify for good-paying jobs with industries that prohibit their use.She says the borough will continue to drug test its employees and maintain a drug-free workplace.“We will continue to do that until we are forced in courts that (rule) that we are doing something illegal,” Brower said.Singer told the municipal leaders that nothing in the law will change drug-free workplace policies. But He said both public and private employers will have to make it clear to workers that the new law does not exempt them from such policies.Olemaun says he’s also concerned that the $50-per-ounce excise tax that the law requires to be levied on the sale of pot won’t raise enough money to pay for increase drug-treatment and rehabilitation that he believes will be needed.“My fear is that’s not going to be enough to deal with the negative social impacts,” he said, “and if there’ll be a mechanism in place to adequately fund agencies that are having to deal with this, whether it be state, local or tribal.”Singer says the municipal officials should be talking about that with their legislators, who can increase that tax and make other changes in the law.“Any ballot initiative can be amended by the Legislature immediately,” he said. “So the Legislature could start tinkering with this as soon as it goes into session. And the Legislature has the right to repeal, or vacate a ballot initiative after two years.”Singer said afterward that the new law raises many questions that will have to be answered by the courts.“Ballot Measure 2 marks a major change in Alaska law. And any time there’s a change, it creates uncertainty,” he said. “And so I expect there’ll be litigation, and disputes.”Singer says the litigation may delay the part of the law dealing with the production and sale of marijuana. He says the part of the law allowing personal use will go into effect by March 1st.
Popular on Variety The European Commission, the European Union’s executive body, has approved a long-gestating major reform to copyright law, which had already been passed by the European Parliament last month.The overhaul contains two controversial provisions that will make online platforms liable for illegal uploading of copyright-protected content on their sites, as well as force Google, Facebook and other digital companies to pay publishers for press articles they post online.“With today’s agreement, we are making copyright rules fit for the digital age. Europe will now have clear rules that guarantee fair remuneration for creators, strong rights for users and responsibility for platforms,” said European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker.According to the French newspaper Le Monde, six countries – Italy, Finland, Sweden, Luxembourg, Poland and the Netherlands – voted again the reform. As part of the reform, the E.U. also approved the digital single market reforms that aim at making it “easier for European broadcasters to make certain programs on their online services available across borders,” the E.U. said in a release.“When it comes to completing Europe’s digital single market, the copyright reform is the missing piece of the puzzle,” said Juncker.The copyright rules will be formally signed on Wednesday at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France, and the E.U. member states will have 24 months to enshrine the directive in their national legislation. ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15
Punter found hiding in bushes There are long delays on the A50 this morning after a multi-vehicle collision. The eastbound carriageway, between Blythe Bridge and Uttoxeter , is currently blocked after an incident involving three cars and a HGV. Police officers and paramedics are on the scene but nothing has been confirmed about injuries. A spokesman for traffic monitoring company INRIX said: “A50 Eastbound partially blocked, queueing traffic due to accident, two cars involved at B5030 Ashbourne Road (McDonalds roundabout). At the roundabout near McDonald’s restaurant. “Reports of A50 Eastbound partially blocked, queueing traffic due to accident from A521 (Blythe Bridge Roundabout / Draycot, Cresswell) to A522 (Uttoxeter / Upper Tean, Uttoxeter). Social media reports an accident as you head between Blythe Bridge and Uttoxeter. this is separate to the accident at the McDonald’s restaurant. ” We’ll bring you more in the feed below. Read MoreTop stories on StokeonTrentLive Driver named following fatal collision Police search for missing woman Dad slams ‘disgusting’ hospital window Want to tell us about something going on where you live? Let us know – Tweet us @SOTLive or message us on our Facebook page . And if you have pictures to share, tag us on Instagram at StokeonTrentLive . 11:53Road openDebris removed from road and accident cleared on A50 Eastbound from A521 (Blythe Bridge Roundabout / Draycot, Blythe Bridge) to A522 (Uttoxeter / Upper Tean, Uttoxeter)..The road is now fully open following an accident around 07:45. 11:17INRIX updateOne lane closed and very slow traffic due to debris on road and accident, three cars and a lorry involved on A50 Eastbound from A521 (Blythe Bridge Roundabout / Draycot, Blythe Bridge) to A522 (Uttoxeter / Upper Tean, Uttoxeter). Lane one (of two) remains closed following an accident around 07:45. The road was fully closed until 09:40. Despite social media reports that the road remains closed, sensors show a lane remains passable past the scene.10:52Congestion update10:22Highways England09:56Road partially reopenedRoad partially reopened at 09:40. the accident happened around 07:45.09:53A52 BucknallA52 Werrington Road Westbound busy but moving before A52 Leek Road (Lime Kiln Traffic Lights).09:47Newcastle accidentA525 Pool Dam Southbound partially blocked, queuing traffic due to accident at Orme Road. 09:08Staffordshire Police update We received calls at 7:43am this morning (Thursday 28 March) to reports of a four vehicle RTC on the A50 Eastbound, between Uttoxeter and Blythe Bridge, by Creswell turning at Draycott. Three cars and a lorry are reported to be involved in the collision. The road is blocked and there is debris on the road. Police and ambulance are at the scene and four people have minor injuries. 09:08INRIX UpdateQueueing traffic due to debris on road and accident on A50 Eastbound from A521 (Blythe Bridge Roundabout / Draycot, Blythe Bridge) to A522 (Uttoxeter / Upper Tean, Uttoxeter). Congestion to Meir Tunnel as well as Uttoxeter Road through Blythe Bridge as people divert. All lanes have been re-opened.09:04Traffic EnglandCongestion on The A50 eastbound between the A520 and the junction with the A521 Blythe Bridge East. Normal traffic conditions are expected between 09:30 and 09:45 on 28 March 2019. There are currently delays of 10 minutes against expected traffic 08:52Accident location08:46Delays impacting nearby roads A50 Eastbound partially blocked, queueing traffic due to accident from A521 (Blythe Bridge Roundabout / Draycot, Cresswell) to A522 (Uttoxeter / Upper Tean, Uttoxeter).08:40West Midlands Ambulance ServceWe were called at 7.30am to the A50. We had it reported as a collision between three cars and a lorry. Four patients involved. One ambulance and a paramedic officer are on the scene. 08:39Motorist from the sceneTraffic coming of a50 and queuing down Grindley Lane Into Blythe Bridge
TORONTO — Cuba is ready to welcome tourists once again following hurricane season, and to hammer this point home to agents, Sunwing is offering “massive savings” of up to 50% on Varadero resorts, plus double STAR points on all new Cuba bookings.The 50% discount applies to a wide selection of vacation packages to Varadero’s top-rated resorts, if booked by Oct. 13. Double STAR points, which convert to cash, can be earned on Cuba bookings made by Oct. 27.Depending on the resort they select, vacationers can also enjoy a number of exclusive perks, from Kids Stay, Play and Eat FRE deals to spa discounts and unlimited à la carte dining.Popular among families are Grand Memories Varadero, which offers character meet and greets with Toopy and Binoo, Starfish Varadero, located minutes from downtown Varadero, and Iberostar Bella Vista, which boasts an on-site waterpark, extensive pool complex and well-equipped fitness centre.Sunwing has also added a second travel option from Mont-Joli, which comes on the heels of the announcement that it would be introducing flight service from Mont-Joli to Punta Cana. Now, travellers can also take advantage of a convenient weekly flight service to Cancun (connecting in Montreal).More news: Can you guess the top Instagrammed wedding locations in the world?Both flight options are available weekly from Dec. 21, 2017 until March 22, 2018, inclusive.“Cancun and Punta Cana are two of our most popular vacation destinations, so we are excited to be offering residents in the Bas St-Laurent region both these getaway options during our inaugural season at Mont-Joli,” said Sam Char, Executive Director of Sunwing Vacations Quebec.Travellers that opt for the new Cancun flight service could also be amongst the first guests to experience the new Riu Dunamar when it opens later this year. This family-friendly resort offers a complimentary RiuLand Kids Club, varied gourmet and à la carte dining options, all day entertainment and complimentary watersports.Another popular choice for families is the Grand Sunset Princess All Suites and Spa Resort in Riviera Maya, a beachfront property with luxurious accommodations, complimentary kids club and included activities like archery, kayaking and snorkelling. A week’s stay starts from $1,545 per person, including taxes, based on two people sharing a Junior Suite on an all-inclusive basis, and departing from Mont-Joli on Jan. 11, 2018. Friday, October 6, 2017 Posted by Tags: Cuba, Sunwing Sunwing slashes prices of Varadero packages, adds 2nd destination from Mont-Joli Travelweek Group Share << Previous PostNext Post >>