Rabat – Italy is set to expel four Moroccans after they allegedly spread terrorist propaganda, bringing the number of suspected jihadists deported from Italy so far this year to 59.Living near Bologna, the four are accused of using the internet to “circulate jihadist propaganda, manuals on carrying out attacks and songs celebrating martyrdom,” according to La Stampa.Italy’s interior minister Angelino Alfano said the four had been under surveillance for various reasons and alleged they “committed themselves to the spread of violent extremism.” “These results show that our security systems work and that, through prevention, we aim to reduce the risk of an attack.”In the wake of the Paris attacks, Italy raised its terror alert amid a tip-off from the FBI claiming attacks were being planned at key monuments in Rome and Milan. Since November 23, about 2,000 police have been deployed to Rome amid security fears ahead of Vatican’s Holy Jubilee Year of Mercy starting December 8 which is said to attract thousands of pilgrims.Photo by: The Associated Press

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *